Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Those 14 mintues…


My boy is out at last
Originally uploaded by kuckibaboo.
Written on May 18th…

I was just laying on the bed with Keenan and I realized that one week ago today at this time I was in the delivery room and just heard the doctor tell Jessyca that he had some recommendations since I was starting to appear very tired. I could keep going and try to give birth naturally, have the baby delivered with vacuum assistance or have an oxytocin drip to strengthen my contractions. That was at 12 noon and there was no way in hell that I had come thru 15 hours of labor to have to resort to any means of artificial induction. I made up my mind at that point that I was going to give it my all during the next sets of contractions and get that baby out. He was born at 12:14. What a crazy 14 minutes.

1 comment:

Heather Davis said...

Wow - I only discovered how hard I could push when they started to talk about the vacuum, too!
Heather