Thursday, July 19, 2007

The last week on Hokkaido day by day: Tuesday

No surprise I spent the day packing! Keenan was an awesome little man. He took up with a long handled scrub brush and used it as a broom most of the day. Must’ve picked that up from his dad as I don’t handle anything broom-like. How lucky would I be to have TWO men in my life to do the sweeping?! I finished Keenan’s room. It’s empty save for his packed bag, diapering supplies, crib and rocking chair. Friday I take the crib apart and take it to a recyle shop and Thursday Keiko comes for tea and to pick up my beloved rocking chair. I would leave everything else behind for my rocking chair. I’ve spent so many hours with Keenan in that chair. It’s a very emotional thing for me to give it up but it would cost $700 CDN for me to get it to Canada. So Keiko (the person who bought it for me) is taking it to another friend of hers that just had a baby. If she ever wants to get rid of the chair she has to get in touch with me and maybe I can figure some way to get it home when we’re a little more cashy. Keenan and I went out for a couple of hours in the afternoon. We went to Nagasakia for the last time and I bought him a toy and a book for the flight from Tokyo to Toronto. They’re my meltdown prevention implements. On the cusp of an impending meltdown new books/toys/plastic containers are the best diversion. Hopefully we won’t need more than the two. We also went to Homac to buy another box. We’re up to 4 now and that’s our limit. Whatever doesn’t fit stays in Japan. Thankfully I got all the most important stuff into it so we’re not making any heartbreaking sacrifices. Except of course for my rocking chair. We didn’t start watching Lost until 11:30 pm and it was a freaking unbearable cliff hanger of a episode so we stayed up until 1:15 am watching the next one. I was a babbling idiot by the time I pulled the covers over my shoulders.

No comments: