Thursday, September 15, 2005

And they'll tell two friends...and so on...and so on...

We had decided that we weren't going to tell anyone until we had our first visit to the doctor. That resolve lasted about 2 days. Sean's parents phoned us and at one point during the conversation Sean put his hand over the receiver and with this big grin on his face he whispered "should I tell them?" Personally, I'm all for telling everyone that will listen but I understand the reasons for showing some restraint until the end of the first trimester. Naturally I giggled "yes"! Soon after I heard excitement from Canada streaming through the phone lines. I told my sister Jose on her birthday (August 24th). She told our mom and everyone else in the room right away and by the end of the next day everyone in her office knew too! I told our friend Jess here in Japan and she told Kevin her boyfriend. So we told 6 people but I'm sure at least 300 know by now. People just love the news of a baby on the way and we've learned it's one of the hardest secrets to keep!

No comments: