Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Baby shower!


Sara and Bret
Originally uploaded by kuckibaboo.
As if getting 3 parcels stuffed full of all kinds of cute baby and mommy and daddy treats wasn’t exciting enough for one day…Bret and Sara organized a wonderful baby shower for us in the evening as well! Apparently this had been in the works for quite some time and I was totally surprised! I LOVE surprises but sadly I usually figure them out before I get them. I don’t know why it’s just one of my many skills! This was a surprise, pretty much right up until we got to their place (which is four floors above us).

So we head upstairs under the excuse that we’re going over for “cake”. We always eat yummy things at Bret and Sara’s so that wasn’t too suspicious. I really only knew something was going on when Sean peeled out of the way so I could walk into the living room/kitchen first. Lights off and everyone yells “surprise”! There was a heck of a lot more than cake in that place. So many of our friends (including the guys!) and a few new faces.

We started off the evening with lots of great food, which included a very adorable Domo cake that Alixe made and a to-die-for cheese cake made by Eiko. Then lots of great presents and games and tons of socializing. Sara, Bret and Erin Poop did an awesome job putting the evening together and I even got to stay up until 12:30! Way, way, way past my bedtime these days!

Many thanks to Bret, Sara, Erin P. and everyone that came. We had such an awesome time and really appreciate all the gifts and goodies that came along with the evening.

Click here to access my Flickr Bigger in Japan photo pool and to see more photo's of the baby shower.

No comments: