Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Baby book ends, daddy’s home and my first 7 hours of blissful sleep in 3 months!!!!

Well yesterday was another scorcher of a day but nothing could spoil my mood since Sean was due home in the afternoon. I fulfilled my mission of locating baby book-ends yesterday. They work ok so far but are a little far apart so I need to make a slight modification to them. Naturally Keenan hates them as you can see in the photo to the right! It does appear that he only hates them when he’s awake so that’s not too big of problem. I also found bumper pads for the crib but I’m gonna hold off on those until I can shop around a bit this weekend.

We picked up Sean from the train station at 4:30. It was sooooo good to see him! We celebrated his return home with dinner at Saboten with Bret and Sara. I’m very excited today as my omiyage is coming via takubin. That means it was too big or too fragile for Sean to bring it home on the plane! Ohhhh, I wonder what it could be!!!!!

We got home at 9 pm and I fed Keenan and put him in his crib at around 9:30 (sandwiched nicely between his new book ends of course!). He has been sleeping with us all night up until now but the bookends and the heat make for too close quarters for our sweaty little family so I figure now is a good time to get him used to sleeping on his own. I assumed I’d be up to feed him in a few hours but he didn’t wake me up until 4:50 am! And he wasn’t even terribly upset! He was just lay there making his morning grunting sounds and I suspect he was probably trying to turn over. I was so shocked to feel so rested and wake up to it being really bright out. You know when you sleep for a long time and you wake up and feel like you’ve become part of the mattress? That’s how I felt. I could barely move and man did it ever feel good! I fed and changed Keenan and got horrifically peed on. He peed from his changing table into the living room without getting anything on his bedroom floor. I didn’t notice his skillful urination until I came back from washing my hands and stepped in it. Lovely feeling at 5:30 in the morning! I brought Keenan into bed with us and we slept for another couple of hours. We woke up to Keenan speak and more attempts at rolling over. Sean hadn’t seen any rolling yet so we let Keenan do his thing. He surprised me in two ways. First, he somehow gained Herculean strength over night and can fully lift his huge head off the bed for fairly long periods of time. Secondly, he can now roll from back to front and then front to back! I can’t believe how talented and strong our little guy is! We’re so lucky to have such an awesome baby! Somebody’s gotta have the best baby in world and I’m pretty sure it’s us!

No comments: