Tuesday, August 08, 2006

…Keenan won’t stop rollin’

Written on August 8, 2006
Finally got internet back. Yippee! Now I know that it’s been 32 to 35 C with up to 75% humidity for the last 4 days. It almost looks like it might rain tonight. Hopefully it’s one of those huge atmosphere clearing thunderstorms that leaves sparkling, dry weather in it’s wake.

Keenan has been a friggin’ workout today! He just won’t ease up on his desire to roll onto his stomach. He’s lightning fast at it now and today he was holding his head up off the mattress and looking around like a little turtle. He can now move from one end of the crib to the other by kind of pulling himself along with his arms while he’s up on his knees. Sort of a half crawl. He still finds it emensely frustrating and I have to roll him onto his back after about a minute of looking around. The book end style rolled up blankets aren’t working anymore. That lasted about 72 hours. So last night I started using pillows. By this afternoon he had foiled that anti baby rolling technique as well. He either just pushes or kicks the pillow out of his way. He didn’t sleep more than 20 minutes at a time today because he kept waking up to roll over. It’s bitchin’ hot again today so he gets all sweaty and sticky and really tired. But he won’t sleep. It does make him really hungry though so it’s been a day of 20 minute naps, rolling and breastfeeding. So this afternoon I got to thinking about those waterproof Pelican brand briefcases and camera cases. They’ve got these pre cut die cut foam inserts and you can remove any number of the pre cut dies to fit your camera or breakables. I was thinking I’d like to get one of those foam inserts for Keenan’s crib! I could just remove a Keenan shaped pattern of dies and just slide him in there when he needs to go to sleep. Presto! No more rolling over! And it makes so much sense ‘cause as he grows I can just remove more little bits of foam! Ya, so the heat is indeed getting to me. What I wouldn’t do for a diaper friendly outdoor pool! But seriously, I need to do something about the rolling over. So I bounced Keenan on my lap and did a search on the net for some real anti rolling devices. I found a few online and I’ll check around town tomorrow. If I can’t find what I’m looking for I’ll just order online. I also need to get bumper pads for the crib since he gets his little arms and legs all caught up as he’s trying to roll over. No doubt he’s gonna bonk his nogin’ sometime soon.

The good news is Sean is home tomorrow night. Yippee! We’ve both missed him very much although since Keenan can’t argue with me I can safely say that I miss Sean more!

No comments: